Monday, April 28, 2014

Living in the supernatural Making it practical

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.… I Corinthians 13:1,2
I am reading about living in the supernatural with God and His angels. This is easy for me to do. I can be thrown into heaven with just 2 worship songs while lying in bed.
The harder act is to live in kindness. Stretching out my arms to give the lady in the wheel chair a hug knowing she cannot return it. Sitting with the drunk person after church with a cup of coffee just to listen to his story. Giving the coworker a break and doing extra chores so they can go home to be with their family.
Sure I can pray for the lady to rise up and be healed. I can pray for the man to be delivered from alcohol. I can leave work early and enjoy a dinner out praying God will lighten the load for my coworker. OR I can be faith in action. Kindness takes practice.
It takes strength to keep a reign on my thoughts and words. It takes strength to get out my chair and walk up to give a hug. It takes strength to listen to someone unburden their heart. It takes strength to take on extra physical tasks so some else can have a break. Just like any other physical activity I have to practice acts of kindness. My arms will extend longer. My thoughts will become less judgemental. My body will look for ways to serve others.
Finally ...Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Philippians 4:5


No comments:

Post a Comment