Sunday, September 26, 2010

Come To The Water

Mom's car sped out of the gravel driveway in a grey blur and tears ran down my cheeks. My step dad and mom were fighting about some trivial thing again. Mostly about sex and dishes. He didn't give her sex and she didn't do the dishes. Shees. There she goes to stuff the pain with candy bars and none for us girls. My sister probably went to go climb a tree and I plodded down the worn path to the bridge overlooking the pond with the view of my Mt Rainier. Even the clouds echoed my sadness with drops of heavy rain making rings in the water. I love rain. It is comforting in it's steady release of life. I stand on the bridge with my heart in my throat and tears in my eyes. There is a song that comes to my mind.
And Jesus said "Come to the water. Stand by my side. I know you are thirsty. You won't be denied. I felt every tear drop when in darkness you cried. And I strove to remind you that for those tears I died."
I bowed my head and thanked Dear Jesus for being with me and comforting me with the rain and His love.
They say tears are like rain to wash the windows of our soul so we can see more clearly later.

No comments:

Post a Comment