Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Crow's Call (rom February 2013)

I was reading the book A Feast For Crows when I thought out loud. I wonder if crows really can talk? 2 days later I heard "HIiii' It was long and drawn out like a large parrot would say it. The greeting came from a tree overhead in the neighbors yard. The next 2 weeks we had rain and I did not go out on the patio. When I did go out later that week I heard a resounding "You're Baaaaaack!" The crow recognised me and said hi and then you're back in English. Crows really do talk!

My friend on Facebook recommended this video from Wild Nature called A Murder of Crows. It details the study of facial recognition in crows and how they share information within their flock. I thoroughly enjoyed the video
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/a-murder-of-crows/full-episode/5977/#.USVzIkIIB1Q.facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment